2022 report reaffirms commitment and outlines progress toward key ESG objectives, including efforts to achieve company’s long-standing purpose of advancing Financial Inclusion for All™
Pathward®, N.A., a U.S.-based financial empowerment company, today published its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance Report. The report documents Pathward’s progress over the 2022 fiscal year, ending Sept. 30, 2022, in implementing plans, programs and policies that build upon the company’s culture and purpose to power Financial Inclusion for All™.
“From our rebrand, which aligned our brand, mission and mindset, to the restatement of our values, with four key touchstones that help define our work, Pathward reaffirmed our commitment to responsible business practices and providing a path forward for those who use our solutions,” said Pathward CEO Brett Pharr.
Over the last year, Pathward advanced its ESG strategy with several initiatives, including:
- Launching the first company-wide environmental assessment to help track and disclose information on energy consumption and GHG emissions as Pathward develops programs and future goals to reduce these impacts.
- Reducing operational emissions by 4% year over year.
- Originating $302 million in renewable energy financing for businesses, particularly solar and biogas projects.
- Achieving 19% employee participation in one or more of its five active employee resource groups.
- Meeting the “Outstanding” goal in all but one performance category of the Community Reinvestment Act evaluation, as Pathward continues to help low- and moderate-income individuals and small businesses.
- Launching Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion curriculum to provide regular educational and engagement opportunities for employees.
- Establishing the Enterprise Risk Management program’s Center of Excellence.
- Updating Pathward’s Code of Business Conduct while engaging a third-party group to benchmark the Code to best practices.
- Creating new training on the Code of Business Conduct.
Internally, Pathward’s Talent Anywhere policy has contributed to a more diverse, expansive and flexible workforce. The company also continues to offer opportunities for personal career growth and fulfillment.
Externally, Pathward’s Community Impact Program, launched in 2021, continued to help provide resources for unbanked, underbanked and historically marginalized populations through corporate giving, employee volunteer activities and charitable investments. For its efforts, Pathward was named a winner of the 2022 Community Commitment Award by the American Bankers Association Foundation.
“Over the past year, Pathward has made a significant, purposeful impact in the communities where we live and serve," said Pathward President Anthony Sharett. “We continued to provide funding for alternative and renewable energy projects, which are poised to make a meaningful environmental impact and reduce carbon emissions for years to come. And, on the social impact front, we are pleased to see that our employees are modeling our values and stepping up community service involvement across the country.”
Pathward®, N.A., a national bank, is a subsidiary of Pathward Financial, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASH). Pathward is a U.S.-based financial empowerment company driven by its purpose to power financial inclusion. Pathward strives to increase financial availability, choice and opportunity across our Banking as a Service and Commercial Finance business lines. The strategic business lines provide end-to-end support to individuals and businesses. Learn more at Pathward.com.