SOURCE: International Paper CompanyDESCRIPTION:
SELMA, Ala., January 21, 2021 /3BL Media/ ‒ The International Paper Foundation and Riverdale Mill recently announced $89,941.92 in grants to 23 local nonprofit agencies and schools.
“We’re proud to be able to continue our support of the schools and organizations in the Selma area. These grants will help address community needs in our focus areas of education, hunger and health and wellness. We’re confident these organizations and schools will use the funds to impact our community in a positive way,” said Riverdale Mill Manager, Jim Bruce.
Several of the grant applications funded also noted the involvement of Riverdale employees who volunteer their time and efforts to assist these organizations.
The following grants were announced:
- Books for students at Bruce K. Craig Elementary: $4,000
- Emergency Kits for Senior Citizens through the Dallas County EMA: $5,000
- Books for the Dallas County High School library: $2,500
- Lego STEAM kits for Edgewood Elementary School: $500
- Books and collaborative dry-erase tables for Edgewood Elementary School: $3,500
- Food for the Edmundite Weekend Breakfast Bag program: $8,115
- Ebooks for remote learning at Keith Middle/High School: $5,000
- Books and book bags for Knox Elementary School: $5,000
- Books, teaching tools, tables and chairs for the McRae-Gaines library: $5,000
- Reading materials for 3 rd grade student at Meadowview Elementary School: $3,000
- Books for Payne Elementary School’s library: $5,000
- Tower garden units for R.B. Hudson’s STEAM Academy: $4,059.00
- Supplies for the outdoor learning center at R.B. Hudson: $1,908
- Books for the R.B. Hudson library: $3,000
- Food for the Selma Area Food Bank’s Backpack Program: $2,500
- Books and bags for the Selma City Schools Literacy Festival: $5,000
- Food for the Selma High School library’s healthy snack program: $8,115
- Books for the library at Sophia P. Kingston Elementary: $3,000
- Books for the K-5 students at Sophia P. Kingston Elementary: $4,801.25
- Reading materials for the library at Southside High School: $3,500
- Fitness equipment for Southside High School: $2,500
- Math teaching systems for William R. Martin Middle School: $4,943.67
“We’re proud of the positive impact we can have in our community through the International Paper Foundation grants and volunteer efforts of our employees,” said Arthur McLean, Communications Manager. "I would like to thank all of the teachers, administrators and agency representatives for the work they do as well as thank our employee volunteers and the mill’s grant review committee for their efforts."
About the International Paper Foundation
The International Paper Foundation is the philanthropic arm of International Paper and is one of the ways we strive to reach our company vision to be among the most successful, sustainable and responsible companies in the world. Since its inception in 1952, the Foundation has provided millions in grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to help meet critical needs in the communities where our employees live and work. Beginning in 2017, most of the Foundation’s funding will support our Signature Causes of children’s education, hunger, and health & wellness, as well as disaster relief. For more information, visit ipgiving.com.
About International Paper
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper products with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, North Africa and Russia. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods and enable world-wide commerce; pulp for diapers, tissue, and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness; and papers that facilitate education and communication. We are headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., employ more than 50,000 colleagues and serve more than 25,000 customers in 150 countries. Net sales for 2019 were $22 billion. For more information about International Paper, our products and global citizenship efforts, please visit internationalpaper.com.
KEYWORDS: NYSE:IP, International Paper